Bill and Melinda Gates Scholarship has a towering repute as one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world. The Scholarships are specifically awarded to outstanding and high achieving students from developing countries to pursue and earn a Bachelor and postgraduate (Masters and Doctorate) degrees in any courses available at the selected Universities in USA, Australia,Europe and Canada
Applicants’ selection will be based on the following:
- Leadership potential
- outstanding intellectual ability
- Resolve to improve the lives of indigenous Community
- a good fit between the applicant’s eligibility and the degree programme at the university for which they are applying.
Institutions of Study:
- Selected Universities in Canada,Australia,Europe And USA
Available Degree Level:
BSc, PhD, MSc in any choice course offered at the Universities
Number of Awards Available:
Annually over 2500 international Scholarships are awarded to eligible students.
The students targeted are students from Developing Countries of Africa and Asia intending to access a quality education abroad .
Interested applicant can apply for the 2019 Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarship if one is:
• a citizen of any Developing country.
• Intend to pursue a PhD ;Four year study and research-only programme; MSc one year six months study programme; or Undergraduate Study Programme at a choice University
- No criminal record
- capable of maintaining a level of academic level once the scholarship is granted
Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarship covers:
- Children allowance – A sum of $10,120 is allocated to the children between the ages of 1-12 for upkeep.
- Study Aid funding – To assist and aid the applicants $800 to $2,000 is allocated for conferences and professional courses.
- Project Fieldwork – a candidate may apply for grants to keep pace your normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of the session programme.
- Fourth year funding for PhD Scholars may be considered depending on the duration of study
- Scholarship allowances are also available
- Scholarship maintenance allowance for a single student $17,500 for 12 months at the 2019 rate
- The University Composition Fee are fully covered by the scholarship
- One economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course;
- Th travel expense are fully funded (visa & Immigration Surcharge costs).
Application open – 16 July 2019
Application Deadline – 24th September 2019