The idea behind alcohol has become something of debate among Christians as some sees it as a normal thing while others sees it as a taboo against Christianity. Whichever side you fall into, there is need to be careful and study the Holy Bible for easy understanding.
There are many Biblical facts about Alcohol that you need to know and understand better.
There are many things that happened in the Bible which are connected to Alcohol and are factual.
1. The Bible says in Deut: 32:33 that intoxicating wine is like the poison of serpents, the cruel venom of asps.
2. The same book of Deut: 29:5-6 says God gave no grape juice to Israel nor did they have intoxicating drink in the wilderness.
3. In the book of Numbers 6:3, The Nazarites were told to eat or drink nothing from the grape vine.
4. Drinking won’t make you know the difference between the Holy and Unholy. This could be seen in the book of Leviticus 10:9-11 where God warned priests not to drink.
5. When Noah became drunk in the book of Genesis 9:20-26, the outcome was immorality and family trouble.
6. In Genesis 19:30-38, Lot was so drunk that he did not know what he was doing; Immorality was the result.
7. In Deut:21:20, A drunken son was stubborn and rebellious.
8. In 1 Samuel 25:32-38, Nabal died after a drunken spree which means drinking is capable of Killing.
9. 1 Cor: 5:11 warned that if your Christian brother is a drunk, don’t associate with him.
10. 1 Thess: 5:6-7 made it clear that Christians should be alert and self control, belonging to the day because drunkards belong to the night and darkness.
11. Romans 13:13 says you should not walk in drunkenness or Immorality.
12. As a Christian you should always be ready for the coming of Christ. The book of Luke 21:34 made it known that drunkenness will cause a person not to be ready for the Lord’s return.
13. Habakkuk 2:16 says drinking leads to shame.
14. Drinks has effects on your level of intellect that is why Hosea 4:11 says Intoxicating wine takes away intelligence.
15. This one is above them all. 1 Cor: 6:10 concluded that drunkard will not inherit the kingdom of God.
You can see practically that the Bible is completely against alcohol front, back, right, left and center.